Feb 21, 2012

Lent Starts Tomorrow!


It's a common practice to give up something during Lent as penance for our past sins. Many people opt to give up a favorite food or drink -- chocolate, coffee, or soda, for example. Naturally, I part ways with cauliflower each and every year. It's also a common practice to give alms during Lent, to be mindful of those less fortunate than us. I figured I'd make it easy for you, since it might be hard to think in your caffeine-deprived state come Ash Wednesday. Why not donate a portion of what you'd spend on coffee or chocolate or soda (or whatever) to Baby Lizzy's adoption grant?

Lizzy currently has over $3600 and each and every dollar will bring her closer to her forever family. International adoption is krazy expensive -- like $25,000 expensive -- so anything to help defray the costs for an adoptive family is awesome. And then when the going gets tough, when you are struggling to continue your Lenten fast, you can think of that sweet little baby, halfway across the globe, who will directly benefit from your sacrifice.

"Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me" (Matthew 25:40).